Welcome to Goathland Village Hall
The Goathland Village Hall was built in 1908 to a design by Walter
Brierley, the famous Arts and Crafts architect who also designed
some local houses and St Mary’s church.
The ‘supper room’, kitchen extension, and boiler room and toilets
were added in the 1920’s, and 30’s.
The present childrens’ play area was added in 2005.
The Hall has a stage and lighting equipment and gallery. It is managed by a registered charity, the Goathland Village Hall Trust (Reg. 1122346). The trustees and the numerous friends who work with them are unpaid volunteers. The hall is the venue for meetings of the Parish Council, and the Parochial Church Council and is the local polling station. It is used for a wide range of community activities; and by outside groups such as the Scouts, Guides and Brownies, and running and walking organisations.
It is available for wedding receptions and private parties and a marquee can be provided to give extra space. The income of the hall comes largely from booking fees, and regular Craft Fairs are a major source of these.